Short-Term Study

PG Exchange Students

Students from our partner institutions may come to HKUST for exchange to broaden their views and add an extra dimension to their studies.

Postgraduate exchange opportunities are offered by the following Schools/ Departments/ Programs:

We also welcome students studying in other places to come for a short stay:



To be eligible for PG Exchange Study at HKUST, you should:

  • currently be a registered postgraduate student at one of our partner institutions; and
  • be nominated for the program by your home institution.


Application Procedures


  • Seek nomination from your home institution


  • Consult the appropriate HKUST School/ Program for details (e.g. course enrolment, accommodation, scholarship, etc., see above for contact information)



  • After getting an offer:
    • send your official transcript and/or testimonial and other required documents
    • upload the official COVID-19 vaccination proof(s)# to the application system


  • Apply for student visa/ entry permit (Not sure if you need one? Check here)


  • Subscribe to the HKUST Compulsory Travel Insurance Plan


  • Register as a PG Exchange Student

# All inbound short-term students are required to be fully vaccinated before they are permitted to register. For details, please visit here.

We use cookies to help give you the best experience on our website. By continuing without changing your cookie settings, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please read our privacy policy for more information.